Tuesday 11 August 2015

Shamaning Through Hellfire Citadel... Hellbreach!

I've had a decent look at most of the bosses now, here are my thoughts on the first wing:

Hellfire Assault
Trash leading up to the real first boss which just happens to drop epic loot :-P

Many opportunities for Chain Lightning and Earthquake make this an excellent fight for Elemental Shaman but it isn't particularly engaging.  Tuned on the easy side as most 'first boss' fights are, the biggest danger is complacency.

Iron Reaver
A decent step up in difficulty. 
RNG plays a big part in how much movement is needed, massively affecting DPS. 
I always seem to end up drifting towards max range causing myself more problems, further to move to get out of the Barrage cone and difficulty working out if Blitz will actually hit me.
I'm sure if I could force myself to stay closer to the boss, I would manage a lot better.

The rest of the dps have an effect on talent choice by changing the length of the fight... 7 minute fight and it's Storm Elemental and Primal Elementalist.  5 minute fight and I'm going for Elemental Blast and Elemental Fusion.

Single target fight with a bomb phase (low-HP spread adds) is just not our strength right now so it's hard work keeping up, absolutely need to sort my positioning out to give myself a better chance.

Kromog, I mean Kormrok
This one is quite fun, lots of stuff going on.
Movement is quite limited if you get your positioning right so you can save SWG for the empowered blob phase (you know what I mean) or the explosive runes if that's your job.
There's always some warrior who will Bladestorm the grasping hands so it's not easy to get double EQ down.  I normally get one down on the hands and the next on the boss and rooted tank.

The rest of the fight is single target, still not our strength, so limiting movement as much as possible is vital.

Echo of the Elements...
This has been a bit of a crutch for my movement, particularly when I had the T17 4-set, an absolute god-send on some fights.
Now, though, Ascendance has a 2-minute cooldown so lining it up with Elemental Mastery is a huge boost which will only increase when I get the Legendary Ring (next week, hopefully).

I need to improve.

Positioning will be the key as my movement dps will always be fairly poor outside of SWG but I've been a bit lazy in preparing for the fights, far too reactive rather than proactive. 

Fresh run tomorrow, time to see what I can do with these three bosses.

5 comments:

  1. might know a warrior who this guide will help :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But... he's talking shaman stuff!

      Delete
    2. For warriors on Iron Reaver... I definitely recommend staying close to the boss.

      Delete
  2. Reaver is one of those fights that seems a helluva lot easier with less people.

    I run unleashed fury for Reaver and would recommend it. It's pretty much all single target - even if a couple of bombs do land together, they don't last long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crooked, I'll give it a try.

      I had been saving Unleash for the speed boost to help avoid Barrage etc but, last night, I forced myself closer to the boss and had a much easier time so might not miss it.

      Delete