Thursday 20 August 2015

Number 6

I was out last night so missed the raid but I did manage to squeeze in a spot of late-night levelling.

Ding!

Yes, my FOTM roll, the Mage, has made it to level cap.

That's my sixth char to reach 100:
Shaman, Rogue, Paladin, Druid, Hunter and now, Mage.

Strangely, despite a plethora of alts sitting around 90/91 (including a Mage), this is the second char in a row I have levelled from scratch.

As much as I like the questing experience in Dreanor, I'm not sure it's something I could handle repeating back to back and the Hunter was a little too recent for me to just jump straight back in there.

Levelling through the expansions seems to get me into a flow though which then naturally continues into WoD.

Anyway, he started as Arcane and Arcane Blasted his way to around 60 before, for the sake of my '1' key (and my sanity), I switched to Frost.

Frost has been an absolute joy to play!

The mobility of the mage itself combined with the roots and slows that come from most spells make all enemies seem like lumbering beasts as I buzz around them.

Remember that scene from Attack of the Clones where Yoda fights Count Dooku and he's bouncing all around the static Sith Lord? 

That's how I feel as a Frost Mage!  It's awesome!

At 100, I scrabbled around for a few Garrison Resources so I could upgrade my Town Hall to level 3 then completed the Silver Proving Grounds.

So I'm all set to open up Tanaan Jungle and start his legendary journey in the Heroic dungeons.

The plan is to just throw the Apexis at getting a decent ilvl quickly rather than waiting for perfect stat optimisation, that can come later.

Across my chars I have around 200k Apexis Crystals stashed away, ready to buy the Empowered Apexis items and boost the Mage straight up to the level needed for most pugs.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the strengths and weaknesses of the Mage compare to those of the Shaman in a proper raid environment, hopefully it won't take me long to get there.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment