Tuesday 18 August 2015

More Trials (and whining about loot)...

Settling into the new guild, trial is still ongoing though.

It's a much more relaxed atmosphere and I'm enjoying it a lot more.  Mistakes are still called out but the manner in which it's done is a lot more positive and light-hearted.
I think the extra research I put into finding the right guild this time is paying off.

Progress is moving along nicely too, going from 6/13HC to 10/13HC in the couple of weeks I have been there with Xhul'horac next in our sights... or so I thought.

In a surprising move, after killing Tyrant Velhari to reach 10/13HC, we switched to Mythic to have a look at Hellfire Assault!

I'm all for testing ourselves at the top level but the RL seemed woefully unprepared for the fight, expecting to treat it just like Heroic.  They didn't seem to know that you had to split into two teams of 10 to cover both sides... maybe there is a tactic of staying as one group that I'm not aware of?

Needless to say, very little progress was made but at least it gave people an idea of the step up in challenge that awaits.

Not had much (any) luck on the loot front.  It's EPGP and I'm on trial so not expecting any from that direction, another downside to the recent guild-hopping :-(

This means I am relying on the coins for loot, saving them for Kormrok (tier helm), Gorefiend (tier legs) and Iskar (OP trinket).
Unfortunately, they don't seem to realise how much I am relying on them and think I just need a bit of extra gold to cover repairs.

Now we have reached Xhul'horac I need another coin there for the weapon, making it four bosses per week...  anyone got any spare?

I've had one upgrade from coins so far in HFC, surely my luck has to change soon... right?

3 comments:

  1. Wow a big jump from 6 to 10 heroic!
    Hopefully we can move ourselves to 10 heroic this week. I'm hoping we get Fel Lord to make our 10. Interesting that your guild did Tyrant and not Xhul. Wondering how Tyrant is compared to Xhul.
    Good luck on your loot. It seems to me that Ele shamans are always having funny issues with loot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised they went to Tyrant too, I think Xhul is much more forgiving.
      It can get quite messy though and Tyrant is a much simpler fight, especially once everyone understands the timing of the movement in P1.

      Pop everything and burn down the boss in P2 (just interrupt the add, no dps on it) and then it will only take a couple of looks at P3 to get the kill.

      Good luck with Fel Lord!

      Delete
    2. a couple of looks at P3 to get the kill...

      ...if you have the numbers.

      It really is a numbers check.

      Delete