Monday 20 July 2015

Flavour of the Month...

I rolled a new mage over the weekend.

I want to see if the mages in my guild are always ahead of me because they are better or because they are mages.

I have a sneaking suspicion it is both but it will be fun to play an OP mage for a while anyway  :-)

Blizzard says classes have niches where they can excel but, unfortunately, the niche of the Elemental Shaman is on the trash. 

When you have a big bad guy who just needs to die, then you call a mage, and it's pretty much always been that way.

So I'm going to level a mage up, gear him up as well as possible, and throw him into some raids.

I want to see if I can reproduce the difference in dps I see in my regular raids.

I know that people produce charts showing mages, hunters and warriors destroying everyone else but I want to see it for myself.

And, to be honest, I want to fail. 

I don't want to be beaten by those players each week because of poor balance tuning or class design.

I want them to just be better players than I am.

Then I can either accept my position or try to improve.

Because that's in my hands, not Blizzard's.

No comments:

Post a Comment