Thursday 2 July 2015

Bye Bye Blackhand...

I've been burning myself in the glorious Glastonbury sunshine so lacking any posts for a while, time to bring things up to date.

Shaman raiding...
An agonising 2% wipe was the closest we got to Heroic Blackhand despite throwing everything we had at him.

It was phase 2 that ultimately cost us the kill, far too many wipes caused by people repeatedly failing the "spot the giant siege engine" test - It even got to the point where I could predict who would be targeted by Mark of Death by how far out of position they were  :-P

Maybe we should have had more organised positioning and movement?
It really shouldn't have been necessary but the usual tunnel vision/lack of awareness cost us over and over again so maybe we should have done it anyway.

It meant we never really got comfortable with phase 3 and it was almost blind panic each time we made it that far for the first few attempts.  Even our best attempts (and our 2% wipe) were scrappy and seemed to be more luck than judgement.

I was left with the feeling that we needed to see it a few more times but we couldn't consistently string together good P2's so the times we reached P3 in a strong position were few and far between.

Ultimately disappointed and demoralised we gave up on Blackhand and the "Ahead of the Curve" achievement has eluded us.

What next?
The recent guild merger changed our raid times and, with some changes at home, they are no longer viable for me so I am looking for a new guild.

I'll be honest, I'm a little relieved.

I have become more and more frustrated with the repeated simple mistakes from our raid team and some of the decision-making (or lack of) by our officers.

It's not all of the team of course, but it's enough so that there were always some of those players present in every raid team.  And the officers just stood aside and did nothing.

I suggested appointing role officers to give more direct feedback to people who were having problems, helping them to overcome those issues and improve as a player.

Nothing was ever done.

We just went back week after week and failed to the same mechanics over and over until the better players in the guild had enough gear to carry those that failed.

I want to play with better players.

Does this make me an elitist jerk?
I don't think so, I just don't want to feel frustrated after every raid.
Mistakes (and wipes) will always be a part of raiding but isn't learning from those mistakes a part of it too?

Time to find another guild and see what this Tanaan Jungle is all about!


 

2 comments:

  1. Queue the music

    'welcome to the jungle'

    if this post had music as you finish reading the last line that should start up playing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you've ruined the opening to my 6.2 - Tanaan Jungle post now ;-)

    ReplyDelete