Friday 19 February 2016

The Gold Plan...

The Aim: 
To (re)make my Million Gold with as little effort as possible.

The Tools available: 
11 chars at 100 (sort of)
All profs (except Herbalism for some reason) maxed at 700

Stage 1:  Garrisons.
The main idea is to find some task that isn't too onerous to repeat at will for guaranteed gains, sounds like the garrison to me.

My main advantage is that I login, even if it's only for a few minutes, virtually every day so the garrison also plays to that strength.

I know I've missed the big gold rush from the garrisons after a series of nerfs but there is still plenty to be made.

The Setup...
The first step was to grab a load of followers with the treasure finder trait so that means a level 2 Inn. 
You're going to want a level 3 Inn to open up the Treasure missions anyway so that's no problem.

Harrison Jones is not only a treasure finder himself but also a god-send for levelling up your new treasure finder recruit each week.
Get him on as many chars as possible!

The treasure missions aren't the only ones that bring in the gold though, virtually all of the rewards can be vendored for a nice chunk and there are also the big rewards like the Medallion of the Legion and the Champion's Honor.

And, if you are doing so many missions each day, it makes sense to have the level 3 Salvage Yard so you have the opportunity to gain something from every mission.

Barracks level 3 for the extra follower slots.  Obviously, more followers equals more missions you can do at a time.

I also went for a Storehouse but that was mainly for access to the bank so I could dump anything in there that I didn't immediately vendor.

The Plan...
Cycle through the chars twice per day (when possible), completing missions and sending the followers out again.

Prioritise missions based on gold rewards.

Empty Salvage once per week, vendor all the BoE stuff (as I've said before, no clue about transmog).

It doesn't get much simpler than that!

Not an Auction House in sight!

But does it work?

Well... the setup took longer than anticipated. 
The weekly wait for a new follower, plus gearing them all up to 675ilvl, were things I hadn't initially considered.

I also hadn't considered that half of my chars found 'gimmicky' ways to reach 100 and had barely moved since. 
My Monk, for example, had gathered a total of 5 followers and not bothered levelling them up.
He, and the others in a similar situation, took a trip around Draenor picking up the free and easy followers so at least they had some to send out.

I had to prioritise levelling over gold for quite a while but I think it will pay off in the long run.

Needless to say, the gold wasn't immediately flowing in.  But I had enough encouragement from the main chars to see that, given enough time, it would flourish.

Fast forward to the present and the setup is almost complete. 
5 chars have all followers at 675ilvl including the treasure finders.
5 chars have all followers at 100 and half or more at 675ilvl
1 char, the lazy Warrior, was actually still levelling when the plan started so he's way behind with about 15 or 16 followers.

Conclusion to follow soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment