Tuesday 2 June 2015

The Project - Hunting in Draenor

We last saw our intrepid huntress saying farewell to Pandaria and about to take her first steps with Khadgar through the Dark Portal into Draenor...

Mrs. Alt is not too keen on the Tanaan Jungle opening questline but, even on my 10th run through, I still find it enjoyable.  It sets the scene nicely and barely takes any time anyway and, once it's completed, I feel like I am ready for Draenor.

I wasn't sure how difficult it would be in my mishmash of gear from three expansions (No Timeless gear for this alt, that was chucked to make space long ago) but any fears were completely unfounded. 
Whether the content is easy or hunters (with their own private tanking dog) are just OP for questing is up for debate but the whole journey to 100 was remarkably straight-forward.

I had a plan though for my Garrison, I do like to have a plan :-), to set me up for when I reached 100.

First up, get the Lumber Mill up and running as quickly as possible to bring in the Garrison Resources.  That level 3 garrison once you hit 100 costs a fortune, get saving as early as possible!

Next, demolish the Barracks and replace it with a level 1 Dwarven Bunker.  It only takes a couple of lucky procs on the quest rewards in Nagrand to allow you to skip normal dungeons completely and head straight into Heroics.

Finally, build a Salvage Yard as soon as possible to get the free gold flowing in.  That level 3 garrison costs more than just GR :-)
 
With no professions at this point, I also levelled up Skinning/Leatherworking as I was going along.  I'm not convinced that it is an improvement being able to level professions from 1 to 700 purely in current content but it definitely makes it easier!

Ding! Level 100!

Now the gearing begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment