Monday 13 March 2017

The Alt Plan - Rogue (No Spoliers)

I was impressed with how they captured the Shaman class fantasy during that order hall campaign and they have repeated that success with the Rogue.


A fantastic cast of characters heads up a thrilling story of action, intrigue and suspense, it could be (and maybe is) the plot to a Mission Impossible film... less shooty shooty, more stabby stabby... and more demons.


The pirate rogue is hammed up a bit too much for my liking, and the order hall itself really should have been Ravenholdt Manor (what a missed opportunity that was!) but this doesn't detract from the experience.


The story ties cleverly in with the main Legion storyline too, giving further insight into the events surrounding the failed Broken Shore invasion, and the goblins offer some perfectly pitched light relief to keep it fun.


A couple of minor complaints...
Using this method of hitting cap before running through the whole order hall campaign really shows the follower missions up for the time-gating mechanic they truly are - I wish they could be skipped for alts as they destroy the immersion of the storyline.


Also, the lead up to the finale involves some sneaking around... I was hoping for something similar to the amazing sneak around Gilneas quest in the Fangs of the Father questline but there didn't seem to be anyone there and it made wandering around Suramar City look challenging by comparison.


It was still a fantastic story and an enjoyable romp, highly recommended!


The Specs...
I levelled as Outlaw because it is super easy.  Marked for Death and Roll the Bones make a great combo for levelling and are a lot of fun to play around with.
Moving into dungeons and the RNG of Outlaw becomes increasingly frustrating so I switched to Assassination at 110.


I swear Assassination hasn't really changed in years and it is still a nice relaxing spec to play, as opposed to the button-bashing mayhem of Outlaw.
Pooling energy to make the most of Envenom, avoiding clipping each Envenom... I'm sure I was doing the same back in Cata (once I had learned about poisons anyway, but that's another story).


I didn't really try out Subtlety beyond picking up the Artefact weapons and, as I am trying desperately not to get too attached to Rogue-ing (must not raid, must not raid), I think it will stay on the shelf.


Alt Update:
110:                      6
Artefacts:             15
Campaigns:          4
Armour Stands:    1   (I'm telling you, I'm not doing them...)

No comments:

Post a Comment