Monday 23 January 2017

2017 - Plans for the Year

Slightly later than is traditional but I thought I would set out some goals for 2017.


1.  Complete all 12 class order hall campaigns.
Every year I tell myself that I am going to slow down with the alts, maybe just focus on one character for the whole expansion.
Not this time!
I want them all!
I am going to spread the levelling out, there are only 4 zones so it can get boring very quickly, but I want to have all 12 classes at 110 and all 36 artefact weapons by the end of the year.
The trade-off will be not planning to raid on all these alts for a change.
Current progress: 5/12 classes at 110 with 4 campaigns completed, 10/36 weapons.


2.  Mythic Raiding.
I've been in guilds pushing for mythic clears before but it has never been a personal goal... my goal has just been to find the right guild for me.
Now I feel like I am in the right guild and I want that mythic progress!
I want to kill all the bosses and get those Cutting Edge achievements.


3.  Join in more
I've found an excellent guild full of like-minded people but I stay on the periphery too much.  I'm not sure what holds me back but I should volunteer more for the frequent group activities in the guild.
It isn't a big guild but there is always something going on, I want to be part of it and the only thing stopping me is myself.


4.  More PvP!
I've taken the first steps, usually only taken during the end of expansion lull, and I want to keep going.  Blizzard has my attention with the season armour sets, my followers prod me from time to time with quests, there's no excuse not to do it!


5.  Less Faffing!
Way too much of my time in-game is spent doing nothing.
Looking for groups to join (then not joining them), laps around Dalaran while talking on TS, or just stood in my order hall thinking of what to do next.
Less faffing, more doing!


6.  Play More (some) StarCraft
I love watching pro SC2 but I am terrible at actually playing it. 
When I was younger I used to be pretty good at RTS games but, even then, I was better at the macro than the micro.  Now all micro just goes out of the window...and the macro isn't far behind it!
I get too hung up on being rubbish at the game when I should just be enjoying playing (same for WoW PvP) - there is a league for me and, if it is Bronze league, then so be it!


7.  Play more games
I have a few games on Steam that I just never get round to playing, usually because I am faffing in WoW.  Reduced faffing time should mean more free time to play the best other games... usually 3 years after release when they are on sale... still haven't got round to playing Portal 2.


8.  Lose Weight/ Do More Exercise.
This has to go on the list, right?


9.  More Blogging.
I've already been a bit slow after the Christmas break.  So many half-written posts left abandoned, need to finish them at the time and get them published!


10.  Learn to Tank.
This is the year.
Definitely this time.
Yes, I know I said that last year.
I mean it this time.
Yes, I do realise I also said that last year.
This time I really mean it though.
Yes, I know... Oh, just leave me alone.

7 comments:

  1. Items 6,7 and 8 are totally incompatible with items 1,2,3,4,5,9 and ten 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm relying on number 5 solving all my problems

      Delete
  2. Correction .....item 10 is compatible. Got carried away with myself 😛

    ReplyDelete
  3. " The trade-off will be not planning to raid on all these alts for a change "

    Iam willing to bet £1.50 that you won't be able to resist at least one alt doing LFR at the minimum 😝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you know it! I'm already raiding on 2 chars :-s

      Delete
  4. OMG EVERY CLASS HALL...

    The horror of alt grinding /shudder

    I want to do more 6 too. WoW has made me sorely neglect other games.

    I like the thought of 9. I always like hearing your voice about things.

    And I like 5. As in, I do 5. A lot. It makes the game more social and less like an antisocial past-time.

    I'm glad 2 is attainable for you! I have decided it's not for me but it's such a hard dream to let go of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the alt-grinding that I have a problem with, it's the letting them go once I've levelled them :-)

      Haha, glad to find another faffer! :-)

      Delete