Tuesday 26 January 2016

Mythic Mage-ing

Well... it's been a while eh?

What have you been up to?

Recently, I have all but abandoned the call of the elements to pursue the power of the arcane.  As I can't think of a suitably cringeworthy pun title for a mage blog though, I'll post about it here  :-)

We last saw our Shaman just before Blizzcon bemoaning the efforts of his raid team on Hellfire Assault Mythic. 
While I restricted my moaning to this blog, most of our raid team couldn't do the same and the atmosphere in the raids became quite strained.

A little adversity and the raid descended into a mess of finger-pointing and flaming.
Each raid night, each attempt even, it took less and less to start the blame game running.

Now, it might just be me getting old, but I can't be bothered with all that crap.

So I stopped raiding.

Quietly, while all this was going on, my Frost Mage had been slowly gearing himself up...

He had pugged his way to 12/13 normal and was looking for a guild.  He found a nice, casual 2 nights/week team which raided on the off-nights of my Shaman's guild so I had options to raid all week.

They were only 6/13HC but that suited me perfectly, I only wanted some casual raiding on an alt and I had a lot of fun in those first few raids.

When the Shaman's guild turned sour, it was an easy decision to just focus more on the Mage.

Each week the Mage's guild would make more progress and, around the time of the moose patch, I was progressing on Archimonde Heroic yet again.

The fairly rapid progress of the guild, allied with aggressive recruiting made me realise I had misread the situation. 
This was less of a casual guild plodding their way through to Legion and more of a committed raid guild that had just arrived late to the WoD party.

Archi HC didn't last long and the push began to find those last couple of players for Mythic.

I'll be completely honest... By that point, I couldn't care less about Mythic HFC.
I was just looking for some chilled-out raids on some alts, I didn't need 'real' progress destroying my fun in another guild. 

I left the decision-making roles behind long ago though so I just have to go along with what the officers decide... or move again. 

And, believe me, I'm tired of moving.

Mythic here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Been waiting for a update on here for ages 😀
    Glad to see your still alive and kicking 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mr. T!
      Great to hear from you, not seen you online for a while.

      I lost some enthusiasm for writing about WoW with the 'potential' release date nonsense.
      I'm over that funk though and will be back writing more regularly again.

      See you soon

      p.s. still recruiting a druid

      Delete